So what is sports therapy?
At Cleve Chiropractic, we want to help you achieve your goals – whether you are a professional or amateur sports person, or are simply trying to return to fitness after injury.
Anyone who engages in physical activity for the purpose of sport or fitness – irrespective of age, level of fitness or level of training – can benefit.
And we have a team of experienced, friendly professionals who are ready and waiting to help you.
Sports therapy primarily deals with:
• Muscular and skeletal alignment
• The effects of exercise on the body’s systems
• How massage can promote and reduce these effects to the benefit of the individual
• Management and treatment of injuries
• Exercise therapy and rehabilitation
• Personal training, exercise classes and sports nutrition
This is just a taste of the services we offer at Cleve Chiropractic and our fully-equipped Next Step fitness suite and rehabilitation centre – don’t worry, we’re dedicated to making sure you stay on track.
Core stability workshops
Stability ball training can play a crucial part in any individual’s fitness regime.
The benefits of this key training technique can include:
• Extra agility and the ability to generate greater strength and power
• Improved balance and stability
• Improved posture
• Mobility and flexibility
Sports massage involves the manipulation of soft tissue to benefit anyone who is engaged in physical activity. It helps to correct problems and imbalances in soft tissue that are caused by repetitive and strenuous physical activity and trauma. Sports massage can enhance performance, aid recovery and prevent injury.
Among the many benefits are:
• Effective treatment for many types of injury
• Helps recuperation after injury
• Release of muscle tension and pain
• Monitors stresses which may be building up in the body and warns against potential injury
• Removal of waste products such as acetic acid and carbon dioxide
• Improved posture and flexibility
• Assists recovery between intense training sessions
• Reduced discomfort from DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) as a result of vigorous exercise
Taking the Next Step
Next Step, which is situated just across the road from Cleve Chiropractic in Mangotsfield, offers expert professional help in all of the following areas – and more:
• Personal training
• Sports performance
• Anti-gravity treadmill
• Posture exercise classes