Chiropractic is a primary health-care profession that specialises in the diagnosis, treatment and overall management of conditions that are due to problems with the joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons and nerves, especially related to the spine. Back pain is extremely common. About four in five people are affected at some point in their lifetime. You can get back pain at any age, but it is most common between the ages of 35 and 65.
Many things cause back pain. It is most often related to joint pains or damage to muscles, tendons, ligaments or discs. All of these things can be helped by your chiropractor.
Chiropractic treatment mainly involves safe, often gentle, specific spinal manipulation to free joints in the spine or other areas of the body that are not moving properly.
Apart from manipulation, chiropractors may use a variety of techniques including ice, heat, ultrasound,exercise and acupuncture as well as advice about posture, lifestyle and nutrition.
Although chiropractors are best known for treating back and neck pain, which they do very well, patients also consult chiropractors regarding a range of other, related conditions including:
- Ankle sprain (short term management)
- Elbow pain and tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Inability to relax
- Joint pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain
- Generalised aches and pains
- Mechanical neck pain
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries and tensions
- Muscle spasms
- Plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff injuries, disease or disorders
- Shoulder complaints
- Soft tissue disorders of the shoulder
If you would like more details about how we can treat your individual complaint then please phone us for a quick chat or book an appointment using our, easy to use, online booking system or simply call us on 0117 9575 388.